Warwick Valley Church of the Nazarene
 

On a Wednesday night in October of 1895, a group gathered together in downtown Los Angeles. They were there to bear witness to the public announcement made from the pulpit to complete the organization of the Church of the Nazarene. A prepared statement was read from the pulpit that began as follows:

“Feeling clearly called of God to the carrying of His work in the conversion of sinners, the sanctification of believers and the building up in holiness of those who may be committed to our care we associate ourselves together as a church of God under the name The Church of the Nazarene. We seek the simplicity and the power of the primitive New Testament Church. The field of labor to which we feel called is in the neglected quarters of the cities and wherever else may be found waste places and souls seeking pardon and cleansing from sin. This work we aim to do through the agency of city missions, evangelistic services, house-to-house visitation, caring for the poor, comforting the dying. To this end we strive personally to walk with God and to invite others so to do.” Dr. Phineas F. Bresee


Those words, penned by our leader and founder over 100 years ago, ring true to our mission today. It is where we began; and today we move forward with a renewed sense of that vision. Click here to read Who We Are today.

 

 

 

601 ST RTE 94 N, Warwick, NY 10990   -   845-986-3013